Many of You who joined us for our Birthday Celebration on the 16th asked for the recipe for the cornbread that Kylie from Hummingbird made with the locally grown organic cornmeal that we’ve got in our bulk department.
Well, here it is. Thanks for the requests! And Thanks, Kylie, for sending it to us!!
- 2 Cups Organic Local Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic Local White Wheat Flour
- 2 Cups Nancy’s Organic Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12-14 oz. Liquid to thin ( Kylie uses a local brown beer for this, but You may choose to use water if You are uncomfortable using alcohol)
- 1/4-1/2 pound of cooked bacon
- Handful of locally grown and roasted chilies
- Freshly cooked corn (1-2 cobs)
~~~~ Note that Kylie did not add these optional items for the event, so as to be sensitive to dietary restrictions.
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add yogurt and liquid and mix until you are happy with the consistency
- Add optional ingredients if desired
- Pour into a greased 9 x 11 inch or 12 x 12 inch pan
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes- until a knife comes out clean
Photo by: House Of Sims