These brownies will blow your mind…
They’re rich. They’re fudgy. They’re delicious.
Oh yeah, they’re also gluten free, vegan, packed with protein & fiber, and they’re ridiculously easy to make.
And just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, Organic Black Beans are on sale this month for $1.99!
Boom. Mind blown. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you…
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free quick oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or omit and increase maple syrup to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (Not optional. Omit at your own risk.)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a food processor until completely smooth. (A blender will work if it’s all you have, but the texture won’t be as smooth and the taste might be off if the beans and oatmeal aren’t completely pureed.) Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top. Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. Makes 9 brownies.
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 5.5g
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2.5g
Recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie