White Bean Soup with Kale & Bacon
- 3 slices of Bacon, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, sliced in thin rounds
- 3 Celery stalks, sliced
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 cups of Chicken Broth
- 3 cans (15 oz) of Cannellini Beans
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1. In a soup pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Sautee for 5 to 7 minutes, until the onions become translucent.
3. Add the broth, beans, and rosemary and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Remove rosemary and discard. Place half of solids into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add back to pot and bring to a boil. Add kale and season with salt and pepper. Try topping with pecans for added crunch and texture!
Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 34 g
Protein: 11 g
Fiber: 10 g