We’re happy to announce the addition Fern’s Edge Dairy to our cheese case! You’ve probably seen and/or tried their popular raw goat’s milk in our dairy case, now is your chance to try their delicious, raw goat cheeses. We carry a number of their flavored chevres and their award-winning, aged, raw goat’s milk cheese.
Interested in learning more about Fern’s Edge Dairy? Click here to watch a news clip featuring their dairy.
Need ideas for dinner tonight? How about pork spare ribs, on sale right now for only $5.19/lb! They’re great for cooking on the grill or inside.You can even throw them in a crock pot in the morning with your favorite marinade or BBQ sauce for a delicious, slow-cooked dinner.
Here’s an easy recipe for Fennel-Dusted Spare Ribs from rikishore.com that takes about an hour and a fourty-five minutes from start to finish.
- 2 pounds pork spare ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 dried chile
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the ribs on a broiler rack. Drizzle all over with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the ribs liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a spice or clean coffee grinder, grind the fennel seeds and dried chile to powder. Sprinkle this mixture all over the ribs, rubbing the spices into the oil.
- Bake the ribs for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees. Bake for another 70 – 80 minutes, until the meat is very tender and falls off the bone when poked with a fork.
- Using tongs and a sharp knife, separate the ribs into individual pieces. Serve on a platter with plenty of napkins.
We are delighted to announce that we now carry Mary’s Chicken in our freezer section. Mary’s Chickens are a slow growing breed raised using ethical practices that allow them to be raised outdoors on a vegetarian diet that is free of pesticides, hormones or antibiotics. Mary’s birds are cooled using an “Air Chill” system that inhibits the spread of bacteria and saves 30,000 gallons of chlorinated water a day. Since no water is absorbed, the natural chicken flavor is preserved. Give it a try and taste the difference! LifeSource is currently carrying 8-piece packs of organic chicken for $3.99/lb and free-range boneless, skinless thighs for $4.99/lb.
THIS JUST IN:
Billy Blue from Carr Valley’s pasture-grazed goats. This creamy blue goat cheese from Wisconsin is tangy and smooth with a distinctive flavor that isn’t overpowering. Pictured here with another new cheese from France. The Cesar Losfeld Mimolette is a hard cow’s milk cheese that has a rich and creamy flavor similar to that of an aged gouda. It pairs amazingly well with strong beer such as an IPA or Barley Wine. Pick some up to serve for Sunday’s game!
We’re pleased to be carrying some new breads from another great local company: Blue Monkey Gluten Free Bakery!
Blue Monkey is a small, independently owned bakery in Corvallis. They specialize in handmade, artisan, gluten-free breads. Each 24 oz loaf is $5.69 and you’ll find them in our bread set.
We’re carrying 3 varieties:
- Sprouted Flax Loaf: vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free
- Ground Flax Loaf: high in fiber and Omega 3s
- Teff Love Loaf: No trans fats
Come on in and try ‘em out!
In our Meat Department we now have whole, half, and boneless hams from Beelers.
They all are uncured fully cooked, nitrate & nitrite free, and 100% scrumptious!
Photo by: sk8geek
Alaskan True Cod are here! Big, fresh cod are ready for your favorite recipes. We also have some Petrale Sole, a smaller, tender, white fish that tastes similar to Halibut. Both varieties were just placed on the shelf fresh today!
We’d like to introduce a new local meat supplier for LifeSource!
Deck Family Farm is located in Junction City and offers some great choices:
- Pasture-raised lamb
- 100% grass-fed Oregon Tilth certified organic Beef
- Milk-fed, soy-free, and GMO-free Pork
- Fresh pork sausages: Garlic, Polish, and Sweet Italian.
Help us support this great local family farm!
Here’s a shot of our new Seafood Set in the Meat department!
We just received our first shipment of seafood to augment the choices in our meat department!
We’ve added responsibly harvested options such as Sockeye Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod, and Yellowfin Tuna fillets. We’ve also brought in Oysters, Crab Meat, and Nova Lox! All the fish is wild – nothing farm-raised!
We’re only carrying items that are Seafood Watch Program certified Green (Best Choices) or Yellow (Good Alternatives). Check out the handy PDF version of their Buyer’s Guide.
Photo by: gkdavie